My name is Zhen Chen. I graduate from Beihang University, Beijing, China and hold a Ph.D. degree in management science (operational research).
I am now working as a lecturer at College of Economics and Management, Southwest University, Chongqing, China.
I like coding and take an interest in solving business operational problems through mathematics and computer programming.
- Inventory control
- Supply chain financing
- Dynamic programming
2014.09 ~ 2018.06, Beihang University, China, PhD in Management Science and Engineering
2010.09 ~ 2013.03, Beihang University, China, Master in Management Science and Engineering
2006.09 ~ 2010.06, Northeastern University, China, Bachor in Business Administration
2016.09 ~ 2017.09, University of Edinburgh, UK, Visiting PhD student in Management Science and Business Economics
Here are several coding/typesetting languages that I use for research frequently.
I have not been in the major of mathematics. However, I have been learning the following books for research.
- Introduction to linear optimization. Bertsimas, Dimitris, and John N. Tsitsiklis. Vol. 6. Belmont, MA: Athena Scientific, 1997.
- Convex optimization. Boyd, Stephen, and Lieven Vandenberghe. Cambridge university press, 2004.
- Introduction to stochastic programming. Birge, John R., and Francois Louveaux. Springer Science & Business Media, 2011.
- Foundations of stochastic inventory theory. Porteus, Evan L. Stanford University Press, 2002.
- Foundations of inventory management. Zipkin, Paul Herbert. McGraw-Hill press, 2000.
- Principle of Statistics (undergraduate students)
- Multivariate Statistics (undergraduate students)
- Decision Theory and Methods (undergraduate students)
- Python Programming (undergraduate students)
- Advanced Applied Mathematical Statistics (PhD students)
- Ping Pong
- Ancient Chinese poems
Follow me on Github
Any discussions about academics are welcomed. You can contact me : firstname.lastname@example.org, or leave messages below.